Zoom Meeting Numbers and Passwords

  • When Alan Hosts: 814 8663 8380 pw scripture
  • When Jed Hosts: 892 7626 9175 pw: 01520

Monday, January 9, 2023

The First Lectio

  In my prayer on the "Lectio 365" app this morning, the leader suggested that Jesus led the first Christian "bible study" with the two heartbroken disciples on the road from Jerusalem to Emmaus as told in the Gospel of Luke.  I thought of how Jesus' presence during our sacred listening time is a continuation of this first "Lectio Divina," so often with a similar reaction in our feelings, thought, and spirit. I was also reminded of a song that my friend John Penoyar wrote about that original experience. When I began leading our online Lectio in the fall of 2020, I often used John's song, with John's permission. written from the perspective of the awed disciples

"Were not our hearts burning as he spoke?

Were not his words, words we longed to hear?

Were not our eyes opened in the breaking of the bread?

Were not our hearts burning as he spoke?"

No comments:

Post a Comment